Friday, February 3, 2017

The Putnam Family Reunion

Putnam Family Reunion, Houlton, ME approximately 1922
I have to admit I'm pretty excited about this post.  I found this photo in Dad's papers.  It is a photo of a Putnam family reunion that took place in the early 1920's based on the age of some of the people in the photo.  Someone, possibly Amos or Cora, has written who everyone was on the back.  There are some discrepancies in the first row, but this is genealogical gold.  I'll list who everyone is below and comment on how I am related to the ones I know.  This may take several posts to complete, as I am clipping out each person from the photo so you can get a better look.

Front Row, right to left

1. Ruth Hannigan, my 3rd cousin, once removed.  Daughter of Frederick Olanzo and Clara Hannigan.  She would have been about 13 in the photo.
2. Clara Hannigan, wife of Frederick Olanzo Hannigan, my 2rd cousin twice removed. Her estimated age in the photo is 38.
3. Cora Putnam, my Great Grandmother. She would have been about age 50.
4. Madge Putnam, Wife of my Great Uncle Frank Houlton Putnam, age 31.
5. Amos Weldon Putnam, Son of Frank Houlton Putnam and Madge Putnam, age 1.
6. Margaret Putnam, my Great Aunt, was married in 1924 so this photo was taken before that.  She was about 27 in the photo.

7. Joyce May Putnam, Daughter of Frank Houlton Putnam and Madge Putnam.  Joyce died in 1926 at the age of 5 and this is the only photo I've seen of her.  Here she was about 2.
8. Bella Putnam (Mrs. Mel), Wife of Mellen D. Putnam, my 1st cousin, 4 times removed.  She would have been about 57 in the photo.
9. Gertrude Putnam (Mrs. Harry), Wife of Harry L. Putnam, my 1st cousin, 3 times removed. She would have been about 58 in the photo.
10. Jennie Putnam (Mrs. Tom), Wife of Thomas Packard Putnam, my 1st cousin, 3 times removed, I believe Tom died before this photo was taken.  She would have been about 59 in the photo.
That's all I will cover for today.  The batch I will cover in the next post is where there is some confusion.  I will do my best to get it right, but apologize in advance for any screw ups.  








No comments:

Post a Comment