Saturday, February 11, 2023

Family Letters: Seventh Letter from Sarah Wheeler Sanders to Lucy Amy Reed

Sarah Wheeler Sanders
Sarah Wheeler Sanders

[ILLEGIBLE]
March 18

Dear Lillie

    I have just received aunt Lucy's letter written Sunday but Jennie's written Friday I got last night. Jennie [ILLEGIBLE] picked up[ILLEGIBLE] in their front yard. I suspect the postman must have dropped it in the morning. I am glad that you are all so comfortable and hope that you will continue to be. I guess that Lillie will enjoy the change and it be a good thing for her but I think Ponco may not like it as well. I think it quite an undertaking for you to have the house cleaned but I know it needs doing very much. I did not do any cleaning so [ILLEGIBLE] but washed the paint most of it in the sitting room and the dinning room. The mopbonre behind the lounge and couch I did not wash and the window. The carpet in our room and in the hall above and below and stairs need it very much.

If I was home and able I would chosen the sitting room.  I am glad the windows and doors have been fixed they needed it so much and Albert says there is something wrong with the sink in the back chamber and it ought to be fixed. We had a very cold blustery day Sunday and yesterday was very sharp this morning Albert thought the mercury would be at two, but it is very bright and the sun is warm. Rebecca has gone to the city this morning I think it is Home Missionary Day. She has had two more invitations to speak but has declined one I think may accept the other. Albert does not expect to go to New York until the very last of the month Ruth is to have a birthday [ILLIGIBLE] which is I think next wee, Wednesday. I was pleased to see [ILLEGIBLE] letter and when auntie [ILLEGIBLE] write her give her my love. I am sorry Mrs Harvey id so proud and also Mrs. Pothan. My love to them when you on thu We see Mrs Harpham very after Watson her oldest boy got his nose broken last Saturday but is getting along very well. She has two very bright boys.

I cannot realize that it has been but two weeks since I left home it seems much longer. I have been hemming some napkins for R. and I am going to do some for Mrs Harphan when she brings them to me. I hope that you will keep well. I think a good deal about you and wish I could be home but suppose it is best for me to stay at present. Glad the boys are getting on well give them a great deal if life. Remember me to Nellie also. Did David ever will Little Lord Fauntleroy. I am sending it to Ruth. I read it good ago-but it seems new to me. It is a [ILLEGIBLE] book. Albert is having a [ILLEGIBLE] week and it is [ILLEGIBLE] troublesome but somewhat better. I am glad you let me hear so often.

With love to you all S W Reed


Here is the scanned letter.  I had a bit of trouble with this one and not everything makes sense  Maybe someone else can fill in the gaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment