Tuesday, August 27, 2024

David Sanders' Mill Account books from the 1840s Book 1 page 1

 

Front Cover of David Sanders' Account Book
Front Cover of David Sanders' Account Book


These have been sitting on my shelf for years and I have been meaning to transcriber them  They are the account books for the flour mill my 3rd Great-Grandfather David Sanders had in Whately, MA,  I will do my best o transcribe them accurately but there are some words I just can't decipher and those will be marked with [ILLEGABLE] tag.  The front cover of the book had some writing on it, but it is to faded to read.  You will also see references to my 2nd Great-grandfather Benjamin Franklin Reed in the book.

 

Inside cover of the account book
Inside cover of the account book

Transcription of Page 2

Cash lent to B.F. Reed     For Shingles to Melham 12.50     For E H Weed fo corn 8.83 1848 Billing + Dwight           5.00 [ILLEGIBLE] for Mr Jenny  5.00 Mr. Field         13.20 G by cash $5.71 18.20                                                         5.71                                                         12.49 Lent to Sanders + Reed 25 ⅕         41         66 ½ Seend Wells D. To 105 inch 308


Evaluation:

  • B.F. Reed is my second great grandfather
  • for 1848, You can multiple the dollars by 39.82 to covert it to a value in 2024 dollars.  Therefore the $66.50 lent to Sanders + Reed would be $2,648.03 today

No comments:

Post a Comment